1. Accreditation: Choosing a school with a solid reputation
Attending an accredited, well known, and respected institution is the number one concern of professionals. Accreditation ensures that the school consistently meets standards in the field, faculty are well-qualified, and teaching practices are based on proven pedagogy. A nonprofit university, dedicated to students’ learning outcomes provides the best combination of reputation, ranking, and rigor to students pursuing graduate study online.
2. Quality: The same classes; the same degree
High quality healthcare administration blended online programs are based on traditional classes with the benefit of enhanced technology delivery. Quality is also measured by the accomplishments of alumni and the relationship the university has built with employers in the field. A good healthcare administration program’s faculty will have both academic and professional qualifications. Classes will be relevant to your career and will assist you in advancing or transitioning your career. Another benefit of blended online programs is the diversity of students these programs attract. Not being limited by geography you’ll get a chance to work with other professionals with very different experiences that can help you broaden your perspectives and even identify new solutions to problems you face at work.
3. Flexibility: The biggest advantage of blended online learning
Often professionals choose a blended online learning environment for the flexibility it affords. You lead a busy life with career, family, and other obligations. Relocation is expensive and often not viable. Working professional need a flexible school schedule that integrates seamlessly into their lives. Many of you may already work in virtual teams and appreciate the work-life balance it makes possible. Additionally, learning on your own schedule gives you to time to ruminate, reflect, and synthesize what you know. In a blended online format not only do students get face to face time during residencies but ample opportunity to collaborate with classmates through video conferencing and other technological tools. Students also gain face-to-face time with professors. All these connections facilitate networking and are part of the valuable return on investment of pursuing a professional degree.
4. Readiness: Some questions to help you determine if you're prepared for blended online learning
Are you motivated to learn? Motivated professionals are more engaged and find learning more satisfying. Are you willing to ask for help? A blended-online format means you’ll need to reach out for assistance. Do you have time to devote to learning? As a busy professional it’s important to establish a realistic picture of the time you can devote to school. Do you have support from your family? Professional school is a big commitment that requires your support system. Can you afford to go to school? The return on investment for professional school is high but you’ll need to understand how costs fit into your short and long-term financial picture. How comfortable are you with technology? Blended online courses may require you to familiarize yourself with new software, interact with professors and classmates online through virtual classrooms and video conferencing, and use technology to craft your assignments.
If you find yourself at a place in your career where promotion, a job change, or your own curiosity make a degree in healthcare administration a priority remember professionals prefer blended online learning. So consider these points:
- Accreditation: The academic standing and reputation of the school you choose matters to potential employers.
- Quality: Academic and professional qualifications ensure faculty are well grounded in the intricacies of today’s healthcare environment.
- Flexibility: Choosing when and where to complete schoolwork will allow you to continue to advance in your career and achieve continuing work-life balance.
- Readiness: Undertaking a professional degree is a life changing decision, be realistic in accessing your readiness. Preparation will pave the path to your future success!